We decided to spoil ourselves and visit the Qatar Bateel on the weekend. Bateel is famous for their gourmet dates and Arabic influenced chocolates.
We tried the following selection of chocolates and dates, which cost us thirty Riyal.
- Khidri with Candied Orange Peel
- Kholas with Caramelised Pecan
- Date Tea Ganache
- Dark Pistachio Piemont
- Dark Coated Traditional Nougat
- Date Rocher White and Dark
- Dark Pecan
- Date Fig Roll Milk and Dark
The dates were sweet and very rich. The chocolates were well presented with and the date and fig flavours were interesting. Overall it was a fun experience.
Update Monday 26 September 2011
Those that received the Bateel Bianca Boxes at our reception would now know why we did this tasting.
In them were the following chocolates;
- Dark Pistachio Piemont Ganache (Origin Chocolate)
- Dark Rosewater Marzipan (Origin Chocolate)
- Kholas Caramelised Pecan Milk (Date Chocolate)
- Date Rocher Dark (Date Chocolate)
I would also like to thank Mohammad Bagher Pashmi, manager of the Dubai Mall Bateel who was very helpful and professional placing the order. Didn’t mind at all the twenty or so emails I sent him.